Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Ickie, Ickie, Ickie: Part 2



Yeah, I know; part 2 who would have thought that there would be a part 2. Just as I was starting to recover from my breast infection, we are hit with the flu. I have been dreading the day when my little girl would get really sick, like throwing up sick. Boy was I right to dread it.

Just as I was getting ready to leave for work on Monday, Olivia just suddenly started to throw up. There had been no signs all day that she was feeling under the weather. In fact, I considered it to be one of the better days for both her and JD. So I was very surprised to see her start throwing up. Because I didn't have anyone to cover my shift I had to leave poor Frankie alone for the time being. Thankfully, one of the lab consultants was just in the lab doing his homework, so I asked if he could just do his homework and work at the same time. It all worked out great because what do you know, on the way home from work, I started to throw up too. Thankfully I had a bowl in the car, so there wasn't a gross mess in the car.

In the 20 minutes I was gone for work, Olivia had thrown up 5 times; poor Frankie. Both of them were in the shower when I got home and she was crying. Sweet JD was so good and just chilled in his swing the whole time, what a blessing that was. For two hours or so, Olivia and I just sat in the bathroom throwing up. Poor little girl was so terrified and confused with what her body was doing. At one piont we were so exhausted that we just fell asleep on the floor in the bathroom, needless to say it was a very long night. Frankie was a true saint through the whole ordeal, we never would have made it without him.

By the next morning we were no longer throwing up and were on the mend, but then it became Frankie's turn to be sick. Thankfully he wasn't as sick, and was able to keep from throwing up, but he still had a sick stomach. So far JD hasn't been sick, and we are trying real hard to keep it that way. I must say, that it has been a real blessing to have a washer and dryer in our house, because there was a lot of washing to be done.

Well, we are now on the mend and we hope to keep it that way. I don't want to see my poor little girl so confused about being sick for a long time.

This is just because he is so cute

1 comment:

Katie said...

I always feel so helpless when my kids are sick. I hope you are all better! JD sure is a cutie!