Monday, September 26, 2011

Ickie, Ickie, Ickie

I would first off, like to thank my husband and my mom for everything that they have done for me this past weekend.

Thursday night I went to bed shivering with a headache, but didn't think too much about it. It didn't help that JD, once again, had a hard time sleeping for more than 2 hours at a time. When I woke up I still had a headache and felt cold enough to sit in front of a portable heater. It was a very hard day to get through, to say the least. Olivia did fairly good, but JD cried a lot in the morning before I was able to get him down for a nap, that didn't last very long. When Frankie got home from work, he decided to take Olivia to the Sky View homecoming game to watch Uncle Yab play. So it was just me and JD for a little while, so I was able get some down time. Then my mom offered to take both kids for the night giving me a chance to get some much needed sleep. As sad as it was to be away from my babies for the night, I knew that I really needed to catch up on some rest. Later that night, I discovered that I was running a fever, making my rest all the more important.

On Saturday, we lent our car to my brother Yab to use for homecoming. It appeared that my fever was gone and I was feeling much better so I didn't think much more on the night before. But once again, that night, I was back and forth between shivering like a Californian in Alaska and sweating like and Alaskan in California. It was decided that I was going to go to the Instacare the following day. When I woke up Sunday morning I had broken my fever and was completely drenched in sweat. I was so wet and so were my sheets, it wasn't fun.

At the Instacare the Dr. confirmed the suspicions of my husband that I had a breast infection, not fun at all. So now I'm taking some pretty strong medicine 4 times a day. And the thing that sucks about it is that I have to take it on an empty stomach, which is kind of hard at times. After the Instacare, Frankie took me and the kids out to Smithfield to get help from my mom, and he went to church. He also was so sweet and cleaned around the house for me, since this infections has just floored me for the past couple of days and toys were everywhere. It made me so happy to walk into a clean house, that always makes me excited, especially when I wasn't the one who did it.

So here we are on Monday and I'm feeling a little better because I'm finally able to keep my fever at bay, which means my headache is also at bay. My milk supply has dwindled a little, but for me that honestly isn't a big deal at all since I have enough milk for twins just about. So here is to feeling better.

Oh, and JD is starting to smile a little here and there. He gave me a big smile on Friday, which just made all of the crappiness of day disappear.


Tannie Datwyler said...

I'm so sorry!! That is miserable, I'm glad you are starting to feel better.

Christine said...

so fun! those are just a blast. i'm glad you're feeling better! good thing your mom is a saint and so willing to help. can't wait to see a picture of JD smiling! :)

The Willdens said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. Your kids are adorable. :)